1. FEEL OF THE SKIN
It's critical to pay attention to how your skin looks and feels on any particular day. Your skin's texture may reveal a lot about its essence.
- Combination skin is oily in the T-zone (the region around the forehead, nose, and chin) but dry elsewhere. It can also be oily and dry in separate areas, but if you observe two or more textures on your face, you have mixed skin.
- Sensitive skin is characterized by itching, patchiness, dryness, and stinging.
- Normal skin has a uniform and balanced appearance. It's not too dry, not too greasy, and it's not too sensitive.
- Oily skin feels oily and shinier all over. You probably have oily skin if you find yourself reaching for the oil blotting sheets all the time.
- Skin that is tight and dry is considered dry skin. It's common for it to be flaky and crack in the winter.
2. AFTER WASH FEEL
- Combination skin feels clean, rejuvenated, and oil-free around the nose, yet tight and dry around the cheeks after cleaning.
- Sensitive skin feels clean and a little dry after cleaning, although the cleanser may cause scratching and inflammation. This is an indication of sensitive skin when it happens regularly .After cleaning, people with normal skin will notice that their skin is clean and clear. They may still require some moisturizer, but the skin does not appear dry or irritated.
- After cleaning, oily skin will feel clean and oil-free for the first and almost only time. Oil will reappear soon after cleaning.
- For dry skin, cleansing can dry out the skin and make it feel taut and dehydrated.
- Pores can also reveal a lot about your skin type. Their size and tendency for clogging can reveal a lot about your skin and how much oil it produces.
- Combination skin is identified by big pores around the nose that are frequently blocked, and small or undetectable pores on the cheeks and other parts of the face.
- Sensitive skin has normal to big pores, however, this might vary depending on a probable reaction to a product or other irritant.
- Normal skin has undetectable pores.
- Large pores that are readily blocked by sweat and lipids secreted by the body plague those with oily skin.
It is essential to utilize products that are best suited to your skin type, thus it is critical to understand what type of skin you have. Using skin-type-specific cosmetics can yield faster results. The three methods listed above are the most efficient for determining your skin type at home without consulting a doctor!