Choosing the Right Moisturizer for Your Skin Type: Liquid or Cream?
Posted on June 13 2022
You, like most people, want your skin to be soft and hydrated. However, this can become complex with so many options to choose from. Deciding between cream and lotion, for example, isn't as simple as it appears. That's why it's critical to understand the differences between the two and their respective benefits and ingredients.
Let's look at it more closely:
What is a cream moisturizer?
A cream mixture of oil and water but with a higher oil concentration (a 50-50 ratio of water and oil). Creams have a thicker texture than lotions and are a barrier to keeping the skin hydrated. Because of its thickness, body cream is frequently marketed in a jar or tub.
- Because creams include a higher percentage of oil, they feel greasier than most lotions
What is a liquid moisturizer?
Unlike creamier lotions that primarily stay on top of the skin to lock in moisture, liquid-based moisturizers are typically light and water-based. They have a penetrative water phase so that the soothing, hydrating ingredients can penetrate deeper and truly combat dehydration from the inside out.
Benefits of Liquid-Based Moisturizer:
- Skin absorbs it more quickly.
- Less stickiness
- Enhances your skin brightness and clarity by hydrating it.
- Ideal for skin that is typical to slightly dry.
- It's perfect for usage during the day and in the summers.
Benefits of Cream-Based Moisturizer:
- Improves and prevents dry, cracked skin.
- Keeps skin soft and supple
- It creates a barrier that keeps your skin hydrated.
- Ideal for all skin types.
- Cream-based moisturizers are recommended throughout the colder winter months.
Do you have questions or need help deciding between a cream-based moisturizer and a liquid-based moisturizer for your skin?
Get a clear picture of these products by visiting our website, www. theskinstory. in